The Kent Skating Club Board of Directors is searching for a qualified applicant to fulfill the role of Administrator for the 2020 – 2021 Season. The Kent Skating Club Bylaws allow the Board of Directors to appoint an Administrator. The Administrator may be a Board Member or a full member of the Club. The Administrator and the Treasurer may not be the same person, nor may they be from the same skating family. The Administrator has no vote at the Board meetings, unless the Administrator is a Full Board Member.
The Administrator’s designated skater for ice time must be a Kent Skating Club full home club member and a member in good standing with the Club.
The Administrator shall assist the Treasurer in the organization of the Club’s ice contracts and membership including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assist in developing the fee structure options for contracted ice.
- Publish the yearly calendar.
- Assemble and distribute membership packets.
- Receive membership forms and ice contracts and handle all requests for schedule adjustments.
- Submit USFS memberships and payments to the USFS.
- Record and keep a timely record of skater’s contracted ice times and any contractual changes.
- Maintain the club membership list and roster.
- Maintain and update the club monitor book.
- Collect, record and deposit all membership, ice contract and walk on fees. Report all such deposits to the Treasurer.
- Maintain the billing and payment process for skater’s ice fees.
- Attend and prepare a report of ice activity and income for all regular board meetings.
- Bring to the attention of the Board of Directors any changes in individual contracts or memberships. The Board of Directors must vote on any requests for changes or payment suspensions that are not addressed in the By-laws or Code of Regulations and Conduct.
- Report any member not in a good standing to the Board of Directors and to the test chairperson.
- The Administrator shall report directly to the President and the Board of Directors as a whole and not to individual Board or Club members.
- The Administrator may be asked to perform additional duties as directed by the Board of Directors. (Individual members of the Board of Directors may not initiate requests.)
The Administrator, if appointed, will be appointed on a yearly basis. The term shall run 13 months from May 1 to May 31 of the following year. The position shall be posted for at least 14 days prior to the review of applications and appointment of the new administrator.
Please submit a statement of interest and a brief summary of qualifications to Chip Moll, Kent Skating Club President, on or before 4:00 PM on Tuesday, July 7, 2020. Please submit documentation to the following email address: ChipMoll@gmail.com.